- Attend the annual Science Educator's Conference in the fall at reduced cost. (For 2011, your current CSTA membership qualifies you for best rates for the NSTA Hartford Regional Conference!)
The conference includes workshops, lectures and seminars, commercial exhibits, networking opportunities, and new ideas for science teaching at all levels.
- Other workshops for members
CSTA sponsors CAPT and CMT workshops, special interest seminars, fieldtrips, museum visits, and Science Social Events.
- Communications for science educators
CSTA's quarterly newsletter, the bi-annual Connecticut Journal of Science Education, participation in the CSTA list serve, and the members-only resources of the new CSTA website bring you timely information to improve your science teaching, keeping you connected and informed. CSTA partners with Building a Presence for Science in Connecticut, a weekly electronic communication, and collaborates with other organizations to offer opportunities for our members.
- Access to "members only" sections of CSTA's website
Private access to publications, message boards, member opportunities, lessons and resources in topical areas, and more.
- Connecticut Science Teacher Award and recognitions
Each year three teachers, one each from elementary schools , middle schools and high schools, are recognized for excellence in science teaching. Teacher grants and
studentawards are also presented.